clonking noise

Hello,

I have a clonking noise coming from the front when I go over bumps or
potholes in the road.
I thought this may be the lower ball joint so I had it replaced
yesterday,but the noise is still there!
Any idea's.
The noise comes from the drivers side,also my tyre has gone bald on
the outside edge only on this wheel(thats why I persumed It was ball
joint.

Many Thanks

Paul.UK.Vin 741