Re: Current-rating brakelight-switch

You are right in being concerned about the added load. IMHO I prefer
the LED lights. I have installed 2, 1 on each side of the center rib
of the rear sunshade as high as possible on the underside. It looks
factory and I did it with double-stick tape so I can remove it as
there are no holes. LED's draw very little current but you should fuse
the wire where you tap off of the brake light circuit so if there was
to be a short at least you still have the left and right tail
stoplights! I ran my wire along the right rear pontoon into the right
tail light wiring with an in-line fuse. The ground is attached to a
bracket under the rear plastic valence strip. The LEDs are very bright
and give off little heat as opposed to ordinary bulbs which if you
kept your foot on the brake (like in heavy traffic) could wind up
melting the plastic housing.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757