Re. Audio Advice

I recently upgraded my audio system significantly and so I thought I might
share with you my setup. DMC joe installed 5 and 1/4 speakers in the rear
wall and disconnected the blown out stock rear speakers. I have had an
ALPINE cva 130 (with a motorized in dash LCD display installed) This
certainly does not look stock but this is my second D' so it does not have
to. It fits great, but the screem blocks the center AC vents. This
display is connected to a GPS receiver which I mounted on the center of the
rear parcel shelf for easy GPS cd change. I initially had a changer
mounted here but it was to cumbersome. The Alpine LCD connection box and
amp I have hidden behind the rear shelf next to the fire wall. This
ofcourse left no place to play music CDs, so I removed my Glove box and
placed my 6 disc digital CD changer in the glove box hole comming out of
the dash. The nice part about this is it is all reversable, I could put my
glove box back in pretty quick, but I never used it much anyway. The whole
shibang cost less than $2000 (I bought the screen as a display model)
My next plan to to put a G4 cude in the center console, connect it to the
Alpine screen and have it connected to an Air port card. This way I could
transfer mp3 files from my home computer to my car over radio waves. I
could also play DVD movies in the car through the computer, but this is
farther in the future for me.

Cya Later
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 6808