Re: seeking audio advice

Todd -

I'm sure the people at Crutchfield will tell you this, but the more
efficient speakers you have, the less raw power you need to have coming
from the head unit. Assuming you have good speakers, you won't need any
extra poweramps for your purposes. I have some Pioneer speakers in my
car (they're old, and I forget exactly what they are now) and my head
unit only puts out 45 watts per channel. It's more than enough.

If your concern with mp3s is playing a lot of music at once, Nakamichi
makes a unit which is actually an in-dash six (maybe five?) disc
changer. (Other companies probably have the same system, but Nak is the
only one I've dealt with as they're my favourite.) I'm pretty sure it
has a digital input on it so you could hook up your external minidisc or
mp3 player if you want. Then again, if you want to spend the money on an
mp3 compatible unit, go ahead. ;) Send me pictures when you're done --
I'd love to see how you did. :)

By the way, as a general note to the list, if I show up at the Houston
show not driving a DeLorean, will they let me in? :P

Farrar Hudkins
New Orleans, Louisiana