RE: [DML] Re: Fuel Problems.

Walt, David,

Thanks for the replies --

I am going to elaborate a bit on the problem. If the car is cold it
will start up but has to idle a bit before it can be driven. Then it
will run fine for about 20-30 minutes (20-30 minutes is drive time it
has idled in the drive way for up to about 40 minutes with no problems)
Then I get the classic symptoms of a collapsed inlet line. i.e. buzzing
from the fuel pump, engine dies. It will almost always immediately
restart but will usually die quite quickly if any load is put on it. If
I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes it will restart and will run but not
for long.

Things that have been done so far.

1. Replaced fuel pump
2. Replaced inlet line pre-filter
3. Replaced fuel filter
4. Inlet line has been replaced (not with the correct part- that is the
next step I intend to do)
5. Tried using the spring fix for the hose. Spring is set such that it
butts up against the inlet filter on one end and the fuel pump on the
other.

The reason I asked if anything else besides a collapsing fuel could
cause the problem is because it didn't start occurring until I replaced
the fuel pump, filter, and inlet line.

Currently I have not tried to add gas to see if that resolves the
problem temporarily. (I haven't made it as far as a gas station.)

My next steps it seems are to drain the tank and completely clean it
out, replace the inlet line and inlet filter.

Any other suggestions?

Matthew Walker