DeLorean clutch vs. other cars.

Maybe it's just me, but the clutch in the DeLorean doesn't seem all
that bad. Granted the D is only the 3rd car I've ever owned, while
others here on the list have had a much broader range of vehicles. My
first car was a '97 Hyundai Accent, which in comparison to the D has
a slightly less stiffer clutch pedal. My '96 F-150 XLT on the other
hand had a feather light clutch, and it was a much larger truck.

Back when the clutch on my D went out, I didn't drive the car for
almost 2 months. After getting the car back, I had to get used to the
clutch feel again. It took a little over a week, and I was back into
the swing of things.

The best advice that I could give would be to locate another owner,
and see how their clutch compares to yours. In the mean time, try
adjusting how you sit in the drivers seat. Slide the seat back
further, recline it back, and raise the steering wheel. If it becomes
a little out of reach, pull it out tward you (remember, it
telescopes!). That should give your left leg a little more leverage.
Try that four about a week or so and see how things go before you
adjust/inspect any part of the clutch system.

-Robert