Re: [DML] mixing cross-drilled brake rotors

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Walter wrote:

> I specifically want to know if the braking characteristics of having
> cross-drilled rotors only on the front will interfere with the
> front/rear brake proportioning. If the front brakes worked better
> than designed, and the rear brakes worked normal, then could that make
> the car more prone to oversteer?

This will not be a problem. First, cross-drilled rotors don't affect
stopping power, only repeated stopping power (and even then, my opinion is
that the effect is minimal at most). You always want the front brakes to
lock up first. If the rear brakes lock up before the fronts, you will
spin, no questions asked, even if you aren't turning.

If you *are* turning while braking hard enough that either end is in
danger of locking up, in a rear engine car you're going to spin anyway
regardless of brake proportioning.

In other words, don't worry about it. :}