Re: Cleaning your car using "Scotch Brite" pads

Re: Cleaning your car using "Scotch Brite" pads

No that is not the right pad!
The pad you need is the 3M 7446 blending pad.
It is a coarse pad that will give you the correct grain that you want.
If you use the red or green pads they are too fine and will make the
finish too shinny.

The 7446 pads are a bit harder to find ( I have not seen them in Home
Depot),but you could find them at a good automotive paint suppler or
maybe a good paint or hardware store. A restaurant supply store may
also have them. Once again the easy way to get them is call to your
favorite DeLorean supplier because they will have them. They cost is
a little more then the red pads probably $1.75 to $2.00 each pad.

Here is a the 3m product info
http://www.3m.com/intl/CA/English/centres/mfg_industrial/elpd/media/ab
rasive.pdf

Regards,

Mike D.
Vin 3113
NY Lic. DLORIANN

-- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> The FAQ area on DMCNEWS says you can use a "scotch Brite" pad to
clean and
> remove minor scratches from your Delorean. I have some areas that
would
> like to fix up, and I went out and got some ACTUAL Scotch Brite
Pads. I