Re: [DML] Cleaning your car using "Scotch Brite" pads

Kevin Abato wrote:

> The FAQ area on DMCNEWS says you can use a "scotch Brite" pad to clean and
> remove minor scratches from your Delorean.

snip....
....snip

Kevin,

The correct "Scotch Brite" to use is #7446 "Blending hand pad

Product ID #61-5001-2322-1 The pads are 6 inches X 9 inches

the correct way to work out scratches or stains is to get a chunk of wood 5X8
inches
and use it as a baxking for the scotch brite pad. To "re-Brush" any given
area, first spray the area with "3M Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish" there is
only one kind so you won't get the wrong one. next lay the scotch brite down
grain, place the wood block on top of the pad and pressing down drage the pad
threw the desired area and up grain some amount. Now lift the pad off the
surface and go back to the starting point and repeate. Follow the original
grain. The surface of the stainless will darken as you work. from time to time
wipe the area clean with a clean soft cloth. do not at any time rub or wipe
cross grain. Once you start you will see the unwanted scratches start to fade,
just keep working the area until it matches the rest of the panel. You may
want to do the whole panel, which if done correctly will take about 4 hours.

Lee