Re: [DML] Re: impossibly high fuel pressure?

Re: [DML] Re: impossibly high fuel pressure?

In a message dated 4/12/01 10:05:13 AM Central Daylight Time, dherv10@xxxx
writes:

> Group, The Haynes book on the K Bosch system say's:quote. The line
> pressure regulator maintains a constant fuel pressure in the system
> while the enging is running, returning excess fuel to the tank to
> prevent overpressure. In addition, the regulator has a built in rest
> pressure valve and a shut off valve, which function when the engine
> has been shut off to maintain a lower (approximately 35 psi) pressure
> in the system to prevent vapor lock and to keep the fuel in the
> system from draining back into the tank, making starting more
> difficult.End quote. Andy, What is the part number on the fuel pump.
> If it is a Bosch, I may be able to tell if it's right or wrong for
> the car. Also, I have new rebuilt CPR on my site, I will send it
> overnight to try. I also will post on the web site under Talk and
> View the K Bosch fuel injected part I quoted in the morning when I
> get to work.
> I hope this helps
> John Hervey
> www.specialTauto.com

Hello John and everyone else who is trying to help me out,

MY fuel pump which makes bad noises, is a Bosch 954. this is the 'correct',
newer one, right? there isn't a long sleeve on the top of it. just a hole
and you need to put on a LONG hollow bolt, three fittings, banjo, and a dome
nut. the 'older' one has a long sleeve on top of it without a dome nut.
this older one is the one that i just put on the car yesterday.

with my dome nut one - control pressure is 3.5 bar. primary is 6-7 bar, and
it fluctuates everytime the pump makes a straining, frequency-changing noise,
about twice per second.

with the NON dome nut (the one i just put on) - control pressure is about 3
bar, primary pressure slowly creeps up to 4 bar, then it violently drops down
to 3 bar or so, and it stays there, not wavering. it makes no bad noises.

during both of these tests, these reading are for when the engine is NOT
turned on, just when jumping the RPM relay. however, with my dome nut pump,
i get the same reading weather i'm trying to start the engine or not. i have
not tested the NON dome nut one yet in this way.

as for the CPR, John - i have already secured one for this weekend from
another Fargo DMC owner, but i greatly appreciate your offer to help. i'll
let you know privately if you can be of any assistance. thanks!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102