Re: lambda question

When it warms up pull the plug on the cold start valve and see if that
helps. Make sure that the three brass adjusting screws are LIGHTLY
seated. Make sure that at idle the idle micro is working,(test with a
meter). Try never to twiddle the mixture screw, it is very sensitive
and can only be properly set with an analyzer. Check all of the vacuum
hoses for proper routing and brittleness. If they get hard they crack
and leak and it is very hard to find. Make sure that you have a good
seal on the plug over the mixture screw, an air leak there will screw
up the air-fuel ratio. Do all of the simple stuff before you mess with
the lambda circuit, if it is buzzing it is probably OK.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hello list,
> I finally got my engine back together after replacing the water
pump
> hoses and gaskets. My car has always ran rich since I bought
it(only 15
> miles ago)
> It smells like gas real bad when it runs and you can see a
little smoke
> coming from the exhaust. I tried tuning the 02 mixture screw back
about 1/8