Re: Fan speed "3" is gone..

Obviously the parts you replaced were good because you still have the
same problem. Save the fan switch and now you also know the 3 and 4
speed relays are alright. It is a simple circuit so I can only
conclude either a break in the wire (ky) from the 3 speed relay or
more likely a connector has backed out of the relay panel where you
insert the relays. Pull relay 3 speed and with a light examine the
electrical connectors to see if they are pushed and locked all of the
way up. If needed pull 4 speed relay to compare. There is a tiny tab
that locks the connecters into the plastic, you may have to bend it
SLIGHTLY so that the connecter is retained in the block when you
reinsert the relay. If you have the workshop manual refer to M:18:19.
It is a little ambiguous so follow relay #12. Use standard electrical
troubleshooting techniques to isolate the problem.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757