Re: A new DMC owner with a problem

Sounds like the pickup hose that connects the fuel pump to the baffle
has become disconnected. When you take right turns centrifical force
is pushing that gas to the left side of the tank. Since the fuel pump
is mounted to the right of the center of the tank, the intake is being
exposed. And since the pump is mounted at the front of the tank, when
you accellerate hard, the gas slides to the back of the tank. I'll
e-mail you a write up privately on the baffle.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, floodle@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
> However, the car only runs like a dream when the gas tank is full or
> near-full. After I drive enough to burn off about 4 gallons of fuel
> (leaving 9 in the tank, I think), it stutters when accelerating and,
> if the fuel level is low enough, will die. I have noted that this
> problem is intensified when taking right turns. I can accelerate
> very slowly and the problem goes away; it will only stutter once or
> so and then ride normally. When the tank gets down near 1/2 full,
> the engine will die at almost every opportunity when accelerating.
<SNIP>