Re: [DML] Re: more info on my car...

In the technical manual it states the system has 29 gallons per hour running
thru the system which is basically 2 litres a minute. If Andy had 2 litres
back in a minute then all is OK and start checking the Control Pressure with
a gauge.
If there was a blockage then in 1 minute there would obviously be less fuel
back to the pump, if more than 2 litres then either the pump is working to
hard or the primary CPR needs adjusting.

A little tip DMC Joe gave me....Pull out the injectors and putting them
into jars, then run the fuel pump. When the air flow sensor is closed the
injector should be closed with maybe just a SMALL amount of fuel forming on
the injector. Then as soon as you touch the air flow sensor the injectors
should start spraying (cone shaped), and be proportional to the pressure on
the air flow sensor.

If the CPR was faulty this could cause the car to run rich all the time and
like David mentioned cold start/cold acceleration problems.

Like David said Andy needs to eliminate the Control pressure by using a
gauge (as per workshop manual ) connecting it inline with the fuel line from
the top centre of the fuel distributor and the CPR ( left hand rocker cover
behind the oil filler ).

A quick test of the Lambda system.. Andy said it was buzzing so when the car
is at running temp, press and hold the microswitch by the throttle spool and
the engine tone should change and the FV will buzz at a constant.

I thought at first you had opened the fuel distributor, just a note do not
remove the 3 screws that hold the 2 parts of the distributor together. Once
you open it you will never get it to seal again and you will need to spend
$500 to get it repaired by a Bosch centre.

regards

Chris Spratt
Vin 16327
DOC UK