Re: more info on my car...

Just because you are getting fuel flow from the return line doesn't
mean it isn't restricted. You NEED to get a gauge setup on the car so
you can find the source of the problem. I think you will find it to be
either a resticted return line or a stuck Primary Control Pressure
Regulater. The warm-up regulater is the control pressure regulater on
the left valve cover and the primary control pressure regulater is on
the side of the fuel distributer. If you assume the test you performed
gave you 2 liters of fuel when you should have had 3 then you would
know with certainty that the line is blocked. Unfortunatly I do not
know the return flow rate so I don't think that is a valid test. If
the system pressure is too high it can only mean that the Primary
control pressure regulater either isn't working or the return line is
restricted or blocked. I think the regulater you took apart is the
control pressure regulater (warm-up regulater) and I don't think it is
the source of your troubles. Failure of this component usually results
in hard cold start conditions and trouble with acceleration or fuel
enrichment.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757