more info on my car...

Hey All,

today i took off my control pressure regulator and opened it up. it appears
to be quite clean, and the screen is clear. i only unscrewed the bottom four
screws and checked it in there. i blew air thru the vacuum nipple on the
side of it and i could see the diaphram moving in and out. so i know that i
have good vacuum in there. i do not want to take the gasket off in there
because i think that would be very difficult to fix and put in again!!!
should i take the regulator apart any further to inspect it more?

i checked out my frequency valve - it's buzzing like a hornet.
also checked out the cold start valve. upon turning the key, it sprays out a
nice cone-shaped stream of gas - so i guess that's not the problem, right?

also, i need to check out my warm up regulator, according to one of PJ
Grady's technicians. i can follow the vacuum hose diagram but it seems to
just go to the control pressure regulator. where is the warm up regulator?
it is not listed in the parts manual, or at least i am not looking in the
right place or looking for the right term.

at this point i am assuming that the bozos at Amoco had a bad fuel pressure
tester. most everyone says that pressure could never be that high under any
circumstance, especially since i tested my fuel flow and i had almost exactly
2 liters in one minute - which implys that i do not have any blockage.

so now:
let's think of it this way, with these symptoms:
1. hard cold starting. gets easier the more you run the engine, IF you can
get it to start...
2. crappy idle, lots of fluxuation in RPM's. dies sometimes, even when warm.
3. definitely too rich of a mixture. engine seems to be flooding every time
you try to start it. lots of black smoke from tailpipes while trying to start
the car.

so..... any ideas? i will be calling up PJ Grady and DMCJoe again soon too.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102