Cooling Fan Fixes

Hello,

I'm looking to fix my cooling fan problem and am interested in your
opinions on the various options.

First off, my cooling fans are always on because with my engine swap,
my mechanic did not like that they were going on only at a fairly
high temp. Since he couldn't find a temp sensor that would turn on
soon enough he just shorted them permanently on. From a cooling
perspective this is great. But, from what I've heard here I'm
guessing this is not good because it heavily taxes the electrical
system.

So, I want to fix this. I've read the info about PJ Grady's Fanzilla
and about SpecialTAuto's Fan Fix Maxi Brute.

Being a novice, I'm not sure how much their operation overlaps or
doesn't. I'm also wondering if anyone has tried both and which you
prefer.

Lastly, I'm wondering what is the correct temperature that the fans
should come on at assuming a good coolant temp sensor.

thanks,
shiraz
Seattle, WA
VIN#2860 - http://members.home.net/shirazcupala/delorean/