Re: Was Thermo Time Switch; Now Hard Cold Start

Re: Was Thermo Time Switch; Now Hard Cold Start

With the symptoms you descibe the most likely components to check are
1) Control Pressure Regulater
2) Thermo time switch
3) Cold start valve
4) some kind of wiring problem
It is most likely the control pressure regulater. To verify either
check fuel pressures with a gauge set-up or replace with a known good
one. When cold the engine is mostly running on the cold start valve.
Your troubles seem to disappear at about the time the cold start valve
should be shutting off so it is logical that the cold start system is
not functioning correctly and the regulater is usually the cause.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Rob van der Veer" <rob.van.der.veer@xxxx> wrote:
> Thank you Robert, it starts to make sense now, but I'm still not
quite sure.

> I'm having problems with cold starting. Warm starts are perfect. At
the