Re: [DML] Gold DeLorean

Hi Joe,
I am pretty sure there was a 3rd gold DeLorean. There is one article
with pictures about it in a DeLorean World Magazine and several others, plus
the fact I actually talked with one of the owners twice.....I know about the
first two being sold via American Express Christmas catalog earlier, but the
third one was right at the end of production. I imagine that was something
that was tossed together on the spur of the moment. There was one comment
about when the decision was made to make the gold "skins" that no one had a
tank large enough to do the job so that had to enter into the cost.....to
make a tank large enough to hold (for example) the hood and quarter panels
for the plating process.
However that is not all that important......I am sure ALL of us on here
would enjoy reading one of your little stories re your work in the original
plant. We way out in the boonies here far from Dunmurry are starved for
information like that and someone like yourself could give us a story now
and then.
I sure would love to be there at the plant for the convention, but don't
feel that I should try to make it....it is ironic, that when I was younger,
I couldn't afford a trip like that and now that I CAN afford the trip, I am
too old! Ha. I will be 80 next month. Time flies when you are having fun.
I just wish I could "magically" BE there, and not have to make the actual
trip! I am in good health so far, I can still rujn a 9 minute mile...no
record breaker but not bad for my age, and can do a 180 in another sports
car! I wont punish my D doing that. Ha. But that is an awful long trip
from Washington State USA!
Thanks for that input Joe. You have a good last name....ha.
Murray Fisher
Vin: 05962 Lic: DMC-XII
Washington State USA