Re: Firestar 500

The Firestar 500 was a concept car to help the rebirth of DMC. Back
in 1985 after the drug trial was over, efforts were under way to
restart DMC. The idea was to purchase the remaining parts from KAPAC
in Ohio. From the parts, 2 cars could be built, the DMC-12, and the
Firestar 500. The FS 500 was basicly going to be the DMC-12 with
different facias, new rims, and a more powerfull engine. As well as a
sizeable rear wing on the back. The idea for the company was the DMC
would now have most of their assets back in the form of parts. But,
they would now be paid for in full since they would have been
purchased from KAPAC. And from here of course they could build new
cars and take profits from these car sales to reinvest in the
company. JZD was so close at the time that he even had backers and
investors with cash in hand. But alas the government stepped in and
stopped him when JZD was once again placed on trial. But this time
for fraud. It should be noted however that JZD was also aquited from
this trial as well.

As far as a new car being put out in '99. JZD did talk in '97 about
the possibility of a new car comming off the assembly line in '99.
How did the rumor start that it was the Firestar 500? JZD talked
about his plans for a new sports car, and it think that it was
assumed/hoped from there that the car was to be the FS 500.

-Robert
vin 6585

p.s. On an interesting side note to this story, there was a movie
back in the 80's called "Collision Course". The movie stared Jay Leno
and others (Pat Morita too, I think...). An interesting side plot in
the movie is a Detriot Excutive who puts out a line of cars that bear
his own name. One of which is called the Starfire! It also has some
other references to others such as Roy Nesseth, and seedy dealings.
However this time rather then drug dealers, it corrupt politicians.