Re: more updates - my watery fuel pump

Going out on a limb here, I'd say that your pump is probably ok.
Check the pick up hose, and make sure that it is intact and in good
condition.

Try swapping the Control Pressure Regulator plug with the Cold Start
Valve, and see if that starts the engine up. If no go, remove the
cold start valve to inspect it to make sure it isn't clogged. Since
the engine is coughing, it's getting fuel. But probably not enough to
start it since it's cold.

Since Wayne A. Ernst did such a good job on how to seal the fuel
pump, there isn't a reason to repeat anything he said. You can
install a water defector to keep rain and wash water away from the
boot. But if you have sealed everything correctly, the deflector
isn't nessisary.

-Robert
vin 6585

p.s. a quick way to check if the pump is working: Have a 2nd person
jump the relay to turn the pump on manually. Then check to see if any
fuel comes out of the return hose in the tank. Just remember to keep
some bare skin against a body panel to keep yourself grounded and you
should be fine. But as a precaution, I would only do it long enough
to check for flow. And I would only do it if you feel comfortable
with the procedure.