[no subject]

For the second time in two months, the comic strip "This Modern World"
prominently features a DeLorean. You can read it on line here:

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2001/03/12/tomo/index.html

Previous cartoon here (features DeLorean w/ doors up and DMC logo):

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2001/01/16/tomo/index.html

I mention this not to start a discussion about politics or the artist's
license with the DeLorean window, but to point out that cartoonist Tom
Tomorrow's depiction of the BTTF DeLorean has none of the time vehicle
do-dads from the movies. It looks like a stock DeLorean that happens to
be flying.

I Emailed Tom Tomorrow, complimenting the detail and proportion of the stock DeLorean and asking if he used a real DeLorean as a model. Here was his response:

> Thanks for noticing. I put a lot of work into these
> small details and I don't know if anyone notices. I
> used the Delorean as a reference to "Back to the Future,"
> of course. Worked from a photo I found online, honestly
> couldn't tell you where -- there are a lot of Delorean
> websites out there!

This probably means that some DML subscriber's car has been immortalized in the "This Modern World" comic strip!

- Mike Substelny