Got the D home!

Man, do I love this car! For those of you who checked out my message early last
week, I stated that I was going to be driving my car home without my front body
panels. I did so today, and it sure was fun! I also asked about the cooling
system since my header bottle was empty. Well, I was unable to open the bleeder
screw, but topping off the header bottle seemed to work fine. The temperature
gauge never even got to the 160 tick. The car started much better than I had
thought too. The engine had sat for about 4 months untouched. I was going
to turn the starter several seconds at a time then pausing, so I could build
up oil pressure while at the same time building up fuel pressure. I guess I
had more fuel pressure in there than I thought, because about 3-4 seconds after
the first go with the starter, it fired right up! Ran flawlessly too. I must
say, for a 20 year old car, the DeLorean sure is a robust automobile. Now begins
the grueling task of my comprehensive tuneup, and hopefully I will be done with
everything by May 1st. See you in Houston!

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960