Re: [DML] Door Switches for Interior Lights

Re: [DML] Door Switches for Interior Lights

Ben,

I have installed the proximity sensors that you are talking about from Dave
Sontos. They work fantastic! But they are rather expensive. When the
doors are closed, the sensors draw about 0.5mA each. In laymen terms, that
is just a fraction of what a clock or stereo preset memory would draw. They
look great and are far more reliable than those old switches that tend to
jam and bend and kill your battery. The kit also comes with a kill switch
for turning the lights off when leaving the doors open for extended periods
of time. I installed the kit myself, too. If you can figure out how to
install a new stereo in a car, then you can follow the instructions that
Dave sends with the sensors.

Consider the cost of these sensors to be cheap insurance against a dead
battery.

Walt Tampa, FL