Re: [DML] Temporary Import of DMC to USA

Re: [DML] Temporary Import of DMC to USA

Hi Barry,

Thank you very much for your time and comments ... I appreciate your help.

I had discovered some of this info from the US Customs ... but not the
details on 'exemptions!' This will hopefully help considerably if US Customs
agrees to let me import my D for one year.

Had to laugh ... "exemption for members of foreign armed forces" should make
it easy for the Lybians should they ever invade the USA!!!

My plan is to get the car running using required spares from my parts-car in
S.California. I will then give it to a DMC shop for full restoration (anyone
know of a cheap shipping method to the East Coast/Texas DMC Shops?). This
will be a "keeper" so I want everything done 110%.

Has anyone had a full restoration carried out? Where, your comments, total
ball-park price, etc would be useful information.

Thanks again Barry.

Cheers, IAN (Hong Kong)