Re: Radiator and Hose Removal

Not that bad to remove the radiator. As always before doing any major
repairs on any car disconnect the battery especially since you'll be
working near the electric cooling fans. First drain out your cooling
system, block the rear wheels (to prevent the car from rolling,
jackup the front of the car and support it on jack stands and remove
the front wheels. Disconnect the hoses from the radiator and unplug
the fans, take them out. The fan assembly is held to the radiator by
four studs and nuts. The radiator is held in by two studs and nuts on
the bottom (attaching it to those steel arms) and two bolts ontop
attaching it to the support brackets. You'll want to try and seperate
the A/C condensor (located in front of the radiator) from the
radiator, you don't want to disconnect the A/C lines. It's atached to
the the radiater by 4 nuts. After removing all that you can remove
the radiator. Install the new one in reverse order. Over all should
take you a few hours.

Make sure you fill the system with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze to
water and bleed the cooling system properly. While bleeding the
system for air turn on your heat in the car, this will remove any air
from the heater core as well.

Steve