Re: door locks/zillas/solenoids

Graphite lubricant is only good on tracks such as on sliding doors.
My father owns a deli and puts Dry Graphite lubricant on his sliding
refrigerator door tracks. Liquid lubricant will get ugly after some
use and traps particles (like flour) and gets a little tricky to
clean up. Graphite wouldn't be good on any part of a door lock system
because it needs to be applied every so often, it doesn't "stick"
like liquid lubricant and that would be a pain in the neck to do to
the internal door mechanism. That is probably why it was easy to put
your key into your keyhole on your other car for some time then it
went back to being difficult.

As for having moisture in it? Maybe true but if it was, as I applied
the lubricant to the tracks I would have expected the graphite to be
clumped together as I poured it out.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
>well i went to checker auto and they tried to sell me graphite,
>saying that graphite is what they suggest and it's the best solution
>they have.
<SNIP>
>well i put graphite inside, and for a few days, it was like butter
> putting my key in. then things turned ugly.
<SNIP>