Re: [DML] Re: interior trim removal

hello all,

following John's suggestions and steve's scans (thanks a LOT for those
jpeg's!) i have successfully taken apart the panels on my driver's side door.
the right-hand screw that holds the door handle on almost got stripped on
the head, but luckily i gave it one more shot and it turned loose.
excellent!

i replaced my air deflector (which fortunately didn't need rivets drilled
out, whoever it was that told me that!!) and i took the time to bring the
lower panel home so i could clean the lower carpet trim really well. i used
some 409 carpet cleaner, and what a difference that made! the carpet is good
as new, now!

the only real difficulties i had with my door was i broke a couple of the
plastic tree rivets when removing the upper panel from the outside. i think
it will still go back on with the rest of them still good without leaving
anything looking bad though. other than that, many thanks, once again, to
the DML for making life as easy as possible:-)

andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102