Re: AC and fanzilla question

First I would like to say...this is nothing personal at all, just
some constructive criticism :-).

I was merely trying to point out that to directly compare a relay to
the Zilla was way off. It's not like they are using one brand relay
and you are using another. Also I was trying to point out that there
has got to be an end to "advertisements" on the DML such as giving
out prices and comparing them to other D vendor prices...that's what
it states in the DML rules. If I and other DML members have to follow
them then so do everyone else...there is no "exceptions".

As for contacts on the relay plugging into the socket, mine aren't
corroded :-), I put a thin film of dielectric grease on them before
plugging them in (this was an old DML thread).

People who know me, I am the type that I want to/have to make my own
things or repair them myself (I've done it with other parts on my D).
If I find that I have no time, then I leave to others. I am sure I
can come up with a fan fix on my own or come up with a door lock
module fix but that would take time and I feel why re-invent the
wheel when someone has done it already (and very well I might add).
The price you talk about is approximately the same price as any OEM
car manufacture would charge for something that is comparable to the
Zilla products (maybe even more!) so that's why I say it's a pretty
good price. Sure I moan and groan when I see ANY part at that price,
but then I think of all the work I would have to do if we didn't have
them.....or the D vendors that supply them and I moan and groan even
more.

I've said my peace, now I am done. :-)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, dherv10@xxxx wrote:
> <SNIP>
I have listened
> to people on this group complain about the cost of Zilla products
and
> I finally did something about it. Yes: As an engineer you then know
> the difference in an inductive load relay and a resistive one.

<SNIP>

Enclosed relays will hold the
> moisture longer and will corrode faster. Pull out your RPM relay
and
> look at the contacts. Clean them while you have it out. Moisture
and
> underated contacts is why a lot of fuel pumps fail. As far as
exposed
> contacts. Look at the circuit breakers for the door lock. Terminals
> facing straight up for someone to short out along with the other
fan
> circuit breakers.
> <SNIP>
<SNIP>
> As you know that the water in the radiator goes from one side to
the
> other before going out. In
<SNIP>
Thanks for your opinion's, I think yours and