Re: AC and fanzilla question

John Hervey wrote:

> [snip]
> SpecialTauto.com Theirs
> Fan Fix $65.00 Theirs $200.00
> Fan Fail $19.95 Theirs None
> [snip]

This is nothing personal, but when you make a comparison, make a fair one!
You don't go comparing a DeLorean to a Volkswagen either,
allthough they both do what they're supposed to do:
get you from A to B in a comfortable way!
It's the way they do it that makes the diference.

It's true that there's no Fan Fail fix from the other vendors,
the FanZilla (I have one on DAGGER) has this function incorporated!
The "Cooling Fan Fail" light gets its original designation; it lights
when a fuse is blown, warning you there's something wrong.
The Fan Fix doesn't.

The FanZilla is way more complicated then a Fan Fix, had to be engineered,
tested and is manufactured for only one brand/type of (out of production) car!
Off course they cost more! The Fix is just an extra Heavy Duty Relay,
with some clever wiring. I'd call it a "Relay Update Plus"...

I agree the FanZilla is quite costly, but it DOES address more that one problem;
by staggering the Fans with a delay the "PowerKick" on the engine dissappears,
the Fix probably (I can't be soure due to lack of experience with the fix) doesn't
and you'd still feel your car hold back as both Fans and the A/C compressor
kick in all together...

I DO like the 150 Alternator, if my Motorola fails and rebuilding is to expensive,
I'll probably get me one of those...

Greetings from The Netherlands,

JAN van de Wouw

Happy Zilla owner/user,
but ALLWAYS open to suggestions...

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/

PS. why not make "the Zilla Fix";
A wiring-mod that relieves the main relay
especially made for the DeLorean/FanZilla...
Plug&Play off course!
;-)