Re: door locks/zillas/solenoids

Before you go replacing everything check all of the adjustments in the
door and make sure the everything is moving freely and lubricated. It
may turn out that a solenoid is bad but if you put a new one in and
the door lock is not working right you will just ruin the new one too.
Once you get the locks working then by all means go ahead and get the
Lockzilla. It cannot correct for any mechanical deficency but it won't
lock you in the car like the origional module will, killing the
battery and frying the solenoids! As I have warned previous posts be
aware of all of the SHARP edges of the metal inside the doors, cover
them with tape and use long sleeves. A core charge refers to an extra
charge incurred until you return the "core" in this case the old
solenoid. Some venders want the old parts so that they have a
rebuildable "core".This way when you want a rebuilt part you don't
have send in your old one and wait for it to be rebuilt. You get the
rebuilt one quickly and on reciept of the old one you get credit for
it. This is very common on such items as water pumps, starters, and
alternaters.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757