[DML] Remote actuators

A little warning on that note;

I just recently attempted to have actuators installed in my DMC. The ones he had in stock were in no way powerful enough to pull the door latches. He then got creative in trying to loosen the tension on the the latch rods which brought up a whole new bag of problems. The DMC is not like other cars in the sense that they have a remarkable amount of tension on the latch rods, otherwise, the door has a greater chance of unlatching. And unlike other cars, if that were to happen with a DMC, the door just won't pop a bit open, it will sling itself completely open. Imagine that at 60 mph. So my suggestion on the actuators is this:
1. Wait on Rob Grady's to be finished. He's told me that they will be done within the next couple of months, and if you have the lockzilla remote system, will be already programmed into the remote. Otherwise, I'm sure you could write Bob Zilla and see if the actuators can be activated with another type of system.
2. Buy acutators that have at least 25lbs of pull to them. That way you're safe on the tension and won't have someone messing around with something they know nothing about.
I myself am waiting around on Rob's. There's something VERY settling about knowing the product you are putting in your car was designed especially for your car.

Scott Cagle