Re: door locks/zillas/solenoids

I would purchase both lock solenoids if you are going to get the
LockZilla. There is a "kit" price for all three parts (2 solenoids, 1
Lockzilla) and will be cheaper then buying it all seperatley. It
would be easier to install the LocZilla with the OEM harness, but you
will have to send them your old lock Module with the harness so that
they can "transplant" the harness to the LockZilla. Of course if your
harness is melted or in poor condition then I would suggest to just
cut the connector off the main harness that is in the car and
purchase the LockZilla as is, It will come with crimp on BUTT
connectors to crimp to the main lock module harness that is in the
car.

As for the core charge, what they are doing is rebuilding the lock
solenoids. They need your old ones to rebuild them and put them back
into their inventory. What they will do is send you the new (reuilt)
solenoids and charge you the core charge. When you send back your old
broken ones they will refund you the FULL core charge. This is the
same practice as any other autostore when you go and purchase an
alternator or starter. If you don't wnat the hassle of being charge
for the core and then getting it refunded, ask the vendor if you can
send your old ones back first and upon recieving them if they can
send you the new ones and only charge you for the new solenoids.

So in conclusion: If you want the OEM connector harness on the
LockZilla and you don't want to be charged for the Core, send all
three old parts to the vendor and then have them send you the
LockZilla with the OEM harness installed and the new solenoids.

Steve