Re: [DML] DOA Treasurers report was( DeLorean One)

Re: [DML] DOA Treasurers report was( DeLorean One)

***** Moderator's Note *****
We agree. Consider this thread closed.

Mike G.

Moderators: At the risk of continuing a thread that may not be in the best
interests of the DML, I'd like to offer the following.

I hold DOA membership number 547 - I've been around a LONG time. I've been
in Ed and Millie's home to pick up parts on a Saturday in the very early
days of both the DOA and DeLorean One.

Having said that,

1. Ed is entitled to run his business anyway he wants. He is entitled to
what ever personality he wants to put forth. HOWEVER, it is unfortunate
that because of his idiosyncracies he casts a rather unpleasant pall over
the entire DeLorean fraternity, especially to new people just entering our
group.

2. When published (not since 1992????) the Treasurer's report left many
unanswered questions. The detail was severely lacking. When pressed, the
club's response was that detail could be reviewed at a time and place of
the club's choosing (or words to that effect); ie, if you live in New York
or Colorado (as I now do), plan on a trip to Los Angeles to get your
answers. Oh, as I remember it, your review was to be supervised!! Ed was
adamant about keeping detail secret.

3. Whether Ed holds an office or not, he was/is VERY active in the club
and the extent of his influence could debated.

I know the Truscott's. I know the Haug's. I know the Knudson's. When I
lived in California, I had very pleasant personal relationships with them
. However, I also know the Myhre's, James Espey, AND OTHERS who have had
very "unusual" relationships with the DOA and in each case the cause for
the unusual relationship was alleged to be Ed.

We have Joe, Rob, Stephen and others to turn to. We have the DML which is
an amazing forum. Let's move on!

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867