[DML] More work done on frame

Hey List,

I have been pretty busy lately and I wasn't able to send a post to the
DML a few days ago with an update on the work that I have done on the frame.
A few days ago I was able to install the front stabilizer bar and then
install the vacuum lines that run the length of the frame. I had to repair
one of the vacuum lines, after I saw that it had a rust hole all the way
through it on a part of it. What I did was cut that section off with a hack
saw, and I had some extra steel piping from another vacuum line from the car
(I got a replacement from DMC Houston a while back) so I just matched up the
cut off piece with a good section of the old vacuum line and cut it off, then
I used some rubber hose and 2 clamps and put that new piece of steel line on
the vacuum line. It came out really good. I got pictures to show everyone
if the description I gave wasn't that good. I should also add that
installing the stabilizer bar was a pain in the neck to install. It took me
about 5 hours to do. For some reason the threads in the frame where the
bolts to secure the stabilizer clamps weren't lining up right. I had to use
a round file and make the holes for one of the strengthening plates bigger in
order to get it to work. The next day I was able to mate up the engine and
tranny, and now tomorrow I plan to install the engine and tranny into the
frame and to finish up the frame. All that I have to do now is engine and
tranny, run the heater feed and return lines, run the ss clutch line, and run
the a/c lines. Next Sunday, I plan to lower the body onto the frame. If
anyone in the long island area would like to stop by and help lower the body,
feel free to e-mail me privately and I will give you the address, directions
and the time we will be working on it. We will need a lot of help moving the
body from inside my garage and onto the frame. Have a great week everyone!

Later,
Nick
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548";>Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>