Re: Automatic Door Locks Type?

> Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to wire my alarm system
> to automatically open the door locks. Has anyone done this?

When I got my alarm installed the installer figured out how to hook
it up on mine. Works great, except for when the locks go out of sync.
(I still have to fix my passenger door, so this sometimes happens...)

> Would you give me some pointers?
> I think the lock type is reversing polarity but I'm not sure.

The solenoids are actually dual-coil,
with ground on the metal of the door...

> Is there a relay I can wire into? In the shop manual there is a
> relay labeled Door Lock something but I'm not sure if that's it.

This Door Lock Module is exactely what you need...
Be aware if this is the factory original!
There are some design(?) flaws in this module that can cause
trouble. You can get locked in, drain the battery and/or burn out
the solenoids!!!

You're probably best off getting a LockZilla from DeLorean Services
or PJ Grady. The latest version (I have one on my car) has an extra
wiring loom for a Zilla Remote; you can tap into this loom for
getting "communication" with your doorlocks.

There are two sense-wires in the original loom,
grounding one or the other will lock or unlock both doors.

The wires are coded Brown-Slate and Brown-Pink,
Brown-Slate is for Lock, Brown-Pink for unlock.

If you get your alarm to ground the appropriate wire (by use of
a relay; transistors have proven to sometimes fail to properly
ground for this application) when turning the alarm on and off,
you're all set!

If you want to understand the inner workings of the module,
check out the tech-section on the DMC-News site AND check the
back issues: there was a discussion on this a while ago...

Good Luck!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/

PS. you'll find the lock-system electrics depicted in the
lower righthand corner of the electriocal diagram downloadable
from the egroups-vault.