Re: Engine Problems

You will cuase permanent damage to ANY car that has a "gas wash
cylinder" problem. When to much fuel gets dumped into the cylinder
before it has a chance to fire it, it's washing away the protective
layer of oil that is in the cylinder. By doing this you now have the
piston rings scraping against the cylinder wall and you will cause
scoring of the cylinder. This will result in the loss of compression
in that cylinder, burning oil, ect.. The only fix for that is to get
the cylinder honed or replace the cylinder sleeve itself. I have
worked on a few engines that had had a faulty fuel injector that kept
putting fuel into the cylinder. The end result was not pretty at all.
If only one or two plugs do get gas fouled, the engine is still going
to run, just very rough and you'll have a bigger problem since now
there is going to be fuel dumped into those cylinders that aren't
firing to burn it off.

Steve

<SNIP>
then yes you have a gas feed problem but the cold start