Re: Engine Problems

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Andrei Cular" <acular1@xxxx> wrote:
Andrei, The car will run w/o the lambda system operating properly.
The only thing is it will run rich and foul the plugs and contaminate
the 02 sensor and the enviroment.Some of the European cars don't even
have a Lambda system and the mixture is adjusted by the screws.
As far as the cold start valve. It's use as a primer for the gas
system and to be used on start up only. During the summer, I most of
the time keep my hot start relay plugged in to avoid any problems.
100 degree + weather outside.
Yes: I have a new accumulator and my system starts up fine. As far as
a fire hazzard, It's no more of a fire than gas in your tank or any
thing else when gas is around. If you leave the cold start running
all the time, then yes you have a gas feed problem but the cold start
can wash the cylinders but most likley it will gas foul the plugs and
won't start or quit running. The accumulator that holds the pressure
on the gas lines could be the culprit at this point.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com