Re: [DML] Re: DMC engine upgrades

I live in Connecticut and am the original owner of 1981 6894 with 9,000 miles. It is now in Houston, shipped via Steve Wynne's preferred shipper, having Stage 1 and probably Stage 2 mods performed. The actual mods have been designed by a UK firm that also does F1 work so I am certain that the headers are mandrel bent, polished, etc. as per good hot rodding technique as described by Jim. Steve was in the UK a few weeks ago looking at a preliminary Stage 2. I don't believe it is entirely developed nor has a price been set.

As far as giving his proprietary information to his competitors I think he'd be a fool to do so and I'm certain he won't. He has spent alot of green getting Stage 1 first-time engineering and I'm sure alot of his recovery is in labor to perform the mods. To give it away to competitor is against Business 101.

Bottom line is: If you want to go fast, you have to pay, period. That has been the rule since day one.

Oh yeah, when I get my car back eventually Steve provides it with a 6 month, 6,000 mile warranty and actually prefers me to fly to Houston, stay a week, drive the car, hang around, and have minor corrections made per my liking as we are also lowering and balancing the car. I'd say that is a man confident in his product and his product's quality and a good, conscientous businessman. Hence, my car is there and not in LA. I am still waiting for a return phone call from LA from last July.

Fred
6894