Re: DMC engine upgrades

I understand the concern for QA on the install of the engine mod, but
what about supplying the other D vendors with the parts so that they
can perform them too if they wanted to? It would be very cost
prohibited for someone who, let's say, is in NY to ship there car, or
engine, to TX for the mods then have it shipped back. The cost would
be WELL over the inital $5,000 to do + the time off from work to
drive it down there and back or shipping the engine. I am sure that
the other vendors would have the same concerns as Houston would have
and they would be able to provide he same quality of work for the
same price minus all the shipping charges, driving time/milege.
Just a suggestion.

Ok, now I am probably going to get a little technical here:

Are the headers Mandrel Bent? There is a difference in the bend on a
standard bent header and a Mandrel bent one. A standard bent one does
not have a uniform inner diameter at the bends where it can restrict
the exhaust. A mandrel bent header IS uniform all the way through
including the bends, no restrictions at all. Of course it is a little
bit more money for Mandrel bends, but not much. Also are they ceramic
coated or just bare metal? As you can see I've done my homework on
this. Since the first day I got my D and I looked in the engine
compartment I got sick just looking at the exhaust system in there.
The worst design I have ever seen.

How about a Stage 0, meaning someone can just purchase the exhaust
system alone to get a few more HP instead of plunking down $5,000 at
once? At least this gives the option to a DIY'er (like me :)) to do
it. I can understand the QA of the entire engine mod, but any
mechanically inclined person can install an exhaust system without
damaging the engine. Also if someone did decide to go for the "whole
enchalada" later on they already have part of the system. If you did
only make an "Exhaust only" kit, it shouldn't be that hard to keep up
with the demand for it since you can have a lot of them made and ship
them off as a normal stock item. Or take pre-orders to see how many
you are going to need.
Again just a suggestion.

You said one muffler is installed? Unless it was a typo. If it's only
one why not two? That would be better performance wise.

Now if someone could only come up with a way of putting in Larger
(bored out) cylinder sleaves with matching pistons and a performance
crank to match, that engine would have a nice KICK to it. ;)

I've had allot of people ask me why I would do all of this to a
Delorean engine and not just get an old SS, Mustang or just drop a
small block into the D and modify that engine. Well that would be to
easy since it's been done! I like the challenge...that's what a hobby
is suppose to be. Anyone have an old D engine (working or not) they
are willing to give away for some "experiments"?

Steve (still doing my homework on this) ;)