RE: [DML] DMC engine upgrades (and AZ event)

RE: [DML] DMC engine upgrades (and AZ event)

As one who has had two DeLoreans with twin turbo's (and not TOTALLY happy
with the results), I am interested in the "new" engine. What I'd like to
hear is just what the modifications consist of, and the offsets to such an
engine "hop-up".

I have no intention to try a do-it-yourself modification. I'd just like to
know what is involved in the modifications. Obviously, the very
restrictive exhaust is modified. Perhaps the fuel management is modified
ala the approach described on the UK DMC club page. However, they acheive
only 167 HP. So, is the engine ported and relieved? Is there a cam
modification? Or???

Then, once the changes are know, what is the impact on, say, idling, engine
heating, fuel consumption, etc. I'm not trying to be negative; in fact,
I'm excited about the prospects. It's just that since the engine has been
dyno tested and both HP and torque figures are being released, it seems to
me that details of the modifications should be easy to explain so that
anyone considering the swap could make a fully informed decision.

James? Stephen?

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867