Re: Re: [DML] DMC, BTTF, and other cars compared to the D.

Re: Re: [DML] DMC, BTTF, and other cars compared to the D.

Mike, while I mostly agree with what you said on the BTTF movies
(as I stated before in this thread), I perhaps can see now how many
owners may want to distance the car from the movies. Someone said
they have given the car a "comic book" image, and this is in some
respects true. SOME (not by any means a majority) of the comments
and reactions I've seen to my DeLorean and people kind of laughing
and thinking it is kind of a joke car. So I can see more now why some
owners are hesitant about embracing the "BTTF image" wholheartedly,
although I do agree with you that ultimately, the movies have had
a more positive than negative effect on the D.

Personally, I think what might help the image of the DeLorean a
bit is all the the 80s nostalgia going on in the U.S. recently. My
area just got an "all 80s" station, and I think the car could also
be fondly remembered as an 80's icon (as in the Wedding Singer).
Simple Minds, Level 42, The Go Gos...and the DeLorean!

Just a thought,

Richard