Re: [DML] DMC, BTTF, and other cars compared to the D.

Re: [DML] DMC, BTTF, and other cars compared to the D.

Mike, Higher prices is of course what all DeLorean owners want to see.
This time around with the BTTF subject it was more about the affects of the
movie on the car and how popular it might be both with and without BTTF not
so much on how it affected the price of our cars, although all things
considered even that has to be a positive. The subject was whether or not
the DeLorean would be as popular and recognizable without the movies. As I
stated before, I believe the movies certainly had a positive affect.

All one has to do is consider what it would be like without Hollywood's
decision to use the DeLorean and it becomes clear that people would only
know our car as something that came from a failed venture by a former GM
executive, or worse, from a company that went broke because the boss got
caught dealing in Cocaine.

That truly would be the limit of recognition or association and it wouldn't
be a very positive thing or the way I would care to have my car remembered.
It's either that scenario or world wide acceptance in a very positive light.
I fail to see why a certain few are seemingly almost afraid to admit these
movies helped the image of the DeLorean. If nothing else there was no harm
done in my view.

Just my opinion

Mike Atkinson
vin 16232

Mike - It doesn't matter what other people think the
cars are worth - it matters what other people PAY.

Mike Griese