Re: Lowering Questions

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> In answer to Stian Birkeland's questions:
>
> I understand that DMC only raised the front and left the rear
alone. Even
> in the sales literature, photos of the car show that the front
wheels have
> noticeably more clearance in the fender than does the rear.
>
> >snip<>
> The fact that you got 4 new springs is interesting because before I
bought
> my springs, I gave DMC Houston a call. The man I spoke to (I don't
remember
> his name) said that he sells lowering kits but these only consisted
of lower
> front springs and nothing more>

>snip<
If someone really wanted to lower the rear, then they could save
themselves allot of money by doing the following:
Buy a set of front lowering springs and install them in the front,
take the old OEM front speings that were on the car and put them in
the rear.
Of course I would recomend buying the adjustable rear lower control
arms (to get proper alignment after lowering the rear), I forgot
which Delorean club member sold them...I think it may be Marty Maier?
If not than he is a member of that club and probably can supply the
correct info.

Steve
VIN #3365