Re: We the DML...Cool Idea for the Hurt D(Please Read)

Re: We the DML...Cool Idea for the Hurt D(Please Read)

Maybe some people on the list don't realize it or not but every time
another "D" is totaled 2 things happen. The first is that some
irreplaceble parts become available. The second thing is that every
surviving "D" goes up in value because there are fewer survivors. On
the other hand if someone is serious enough to buy and restore the "D"
some other things happen. The supply of limited parts is further
depleted but more important the value of all "D"'s STILL goes up
because the owner will have spent more than he could have bought one
for in similar condition so he will think he has more value and will
want to try to recoup. Along the way parts prices will have gone up so
future restorations will be more expensive. As parts prices go up it
will cause the car values (good condition cars) to be worth more
because it is more expensive to return cars to good condition. All in
all not too bad but the best is probably to part out the car mainly
because of the limited parts supply issue. Unfortunatly this car in
particular sounds over-priced, I have seen cars in better condition
for less money. The big winners will be the service center that gets
the work and the Venders that supply the parts. The biggest loser will
be the unfortunate owner who will spend too much for his dream.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Greenhaw <deloreandude@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello list!
> You know, Stian has a good point when it comes to a joint effort
on