Re: Who wants to save the "hurt D"?

I don't think that pooling our money in an effort to part the car out
ourselves is the answer. If you put $400 in and walk away with a
fender, that's great! But to put it bluntly, it would totally suck if
I put 50 bucks in and all I got was a light bulb and a fist full of
bolts. It would create more problems then it is intended to solve. It
just ends up being a "kinder" way of dismantling the car then the
current owner has in mind. Will Octogon Auto really chop the car up?
Who knows. I love DeLoreans, and everyone here has pretty much read
my postings and knows how I feel about parting cars out. But if the
owner is going to destroy the car, then there's nothing that can be
done. It is possible that he may just making these comments just to
rile someone into buying the car in order to "save" it. The best we
could do at this point is call his bluff. Either he'll lower the
price of the car, send it to an auction/junkyard, or he will do as he
says and will cut the car apart. If he does the latter, then I would
advise that no one buy the parts from him, or any junk yard or
dismantler that he sells them too. I believe that you should always
help great bussinesses such as DMC Joe and DMC Houston. And I stick
by the opposite for bussinesses that treat people unfairly. Making
statements like 'If you don't buy this car, I'm going to rip it
apart.' isn't right. It's like walking into a pet store and the guy
behind the counter saying to a child if they don't buy the puppy,
he's going to have to kill it. That's not the way you should do
bussiness. Some one else on the list here posted something about a
bad experience with Octogon Auto and one of their affiliates. I'm
sure that if a little more digging is done some other little tidbits
could be found. If he does destroy this car, I'd hate to see him do
it to another. Perhaps if things don't go to plan a little "SOS" is
in order. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

-Robert