Who wants to save the "hurt D"?

I'd like to get some feedback on this very very "crazy" suggestion...Although this may never have been done before, does not mean it wouldn't work...

First, let me say that James' figures of how costly it would be to get the car back to shape is very truly.

Second, I doubt anyone will buy it.

Third, wait too long and the dealer will simply wreck it.

In other words, better to part this car out instead of letting it die completely. The spirit of the lost VIN will live on in each part :)

Now, here's the idea which CAN work:
19 people on this list can buy this car for $400,-
38 people on this list could buy this car for $200,-
75 people on this list could buy this car for $100,-
150 people on this list could buy this car for $50,-
And this list has 1200(?) subscribers?

Think about it...

What we would need is a coordinator with storage space and who lives near Octagon Auto.

The car could be parted out, and one could in advance agree who needed what parts. I, for instance, would be happy if I got the hood. Who knows? MAYBE those interested wanted different parts! What a buy!

Since I came up with this crazy idea, I'll be willing to coordinate everyone's wishes for parts. But I'd need an American D-owner who lives close to Octagon Auto, who could go there and buy it, part it out and shipping parts away.

So...if you'd like to be a part of this project please e-mail me privately and use this address: DELOREAN@xxxx

I'm confident that there is a good DeLorean-spirit out there. Come on, let's not let this car end up as stainless nails....

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759