Re: [DML] Re:Was NCT's in Concours Now Safety

"jtrealty@xxxx" wrote:

> In concours safety is not the primary
> issue, origionality and authenticity is.

Absolutely. Imagine going to the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance and
seeing a million dollar 1932 Duesenberg . . . with seatbelts, airbags, and
antilock brakes. It would be ridiculous.

Generally, safety at a concours means fire extinguishers, much like a car
show.

Last weekend I visited a garage that prepares *serious* concours
competition cars. I believe that the body work alone on one beautiful car
I saw exceeded the GDP of the Nation of Nauru. Mere millionaires need not
waste their time.

- Mike Substelny