dealer/QAC changed parts

Mike brings up an interesting point, that while I don't think has any significant relevance to the Millennium concours, I think some of you may find it interesting nonetheless.

A few years back, maybe when De Lorean Motor Company first held the open house in Columbus (Nov 1997), I was rummaging through one of the many boxes of "stuff" that exists there and came across a box of damaged rear view mirrors. Most of which were marked with a VIN and a date, I was told that they were mirrors that were removed at the QAC's for being damaged - who knows why they were kept for all these years, but the fact that they are now a technically "unavailable" item may explain it.

In any case, I found a mirror with VIN 1280 written on it (don't remember the date) which happens to be Mike Substelny's car. I'm pretty sure he bought the mirror and has it in his collection of DeLorean "stuff".

We also have a very large box of dealer warranty return Craig radios and Ducellier alternators, most of which are marked with VINs, dates and dealers. Might be interesting to see if we can find a Craig radio with VIN 1280 marked on it!

James