Re: getting back from improper storage

Gas will generally not go bad after sitting for several months...if
it's over a year...than I would be carfull. Inspect the tank for any
of this sludge. To be safe pump out the tank of the old fuel and put
in some injector cleaner into the system with fresh gas. Make sure
you put the right amount of injector cleaner in with the amount of
gas...if you don't mix it the way the manufacture suggests than you
can damage some fuel components (anything rubber, etc..) When gas
goes bad it turns into a substance like shellac, would clog the
entire fuel system if it is circulated through it.

As for putting oil into the cylinders....I would do that. Put a few
squirts of Marvel Mystery oil into each cylinder...let it sit in the
cylinders for a good day or two (make sure you put the plugs back in
so no moisture gets into the cylinders while it's sitting)...then
turn the engine by hand (with plugs out so it's easier. After you've
turned it buy hand I would suggest doing the following (others may or
may not agree with it, but it has worked for alot of engines I have
done, especially ones that were seized from rust):
1. After you put the oil into the cylinders, let it sit and cranked
it by hand and reinstalled the plugs (very importnat before you crank
the engine)...remove the main ignition wire (from coil to
distributor) trip the fuel pump switch (to turn the fuel pump off)
and crank the engine (using the starter) in spurts, not continuos.
Iff you don't turn the fuel pump off than what will happen is gas
will be injected into the cylinders and since there is no spark,
won't burn it off. This will wash and oil that is on the cylinder
walls and cause some severe dmamge. This will get the oil pumped
through the engine and coat the cylinder walls with a protective oil
film. After cranking it a few times, put the ignition wire back and
turn the fuel pump inertia switch back on and start the car up.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> >snip<
I'm also thinking about taking the plugs out and checking to